Saturday, August 30, 2014

On Saying Good-bye

Sometimes I wonder why God allowed my friend to wander back into my life after fourteen long, silent years only to say good-bye one quick year later.  Though best friends since the age of ten, our relationship was torn apart by the time we both turned 19. Only because of what Jesus has done in my heart and in hers was forgiveness given, accepted, and our friendship restoredOnly because of Jesus.

Yesterday I cried big, sloppy tears in a parking lot and hugged her good-bye.  We will stay connected through computer speakers and tiny i-phone screens, but it will be a while before I can hug her again. She has prayed for this baby I'm carrying, yet she won't get to hold her when she's born. I know she needs to be where Jesus has called her to go. There are people He wants to reach through her story and her love for Him.

This past year was a gift- an unexpected one to cherish. Because when you say good-bye and it costs something, isn't that proof you've loved well? If it's hard, doesn't that mean it matters? If it hurts, doesn't that mean it was worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment