Friday, November 11, 2011

Buttons, Gadgets, and Such

My little Jake is destined to be a technology nerd like his Daddy. Forget the typical toddler toys like dump trucks, blocks, Legos, and puzzles. He’d rather mash the buttons on our baby monitor. Give him an i-phone and he’ll have all your apps rearranged and perhaps make an international phone call. One time he got a hold of the TV remote. I am still unsure of what buttons he pushed, but I had to call Cody at work to get the TV functioning normally again. My mother-in-law tells me that Cody was just like this when he was a kid. Now he is the family's official tech-support help line.

Last week I ran the dishwasher five times and could not understand why the soap dispenser would not open. My dishes were wet, but the spaghetti casserole from the night before was still crusted to all the plates. So, I just kept running it. It would beep, alerting me that the cycle had ended, after only 30 minutes. Weird, I thought.

When Cody came home that evening, I told him about the dishwasher dilemma. I seriously thought we needed to call a repair man. I was frustrated. The dishwasher is maybe three years old. Less than 30 seconds into my rant about how everything in this house is falling apart and appliances these days just don't last, he figured out the problem. Jake (and I say that with 100% certainty because Lilly just doesn't care about these things) had changed the cycle to “Rinse Only.” Now why didn’t I think of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment