Monday, November 7, 2011

“We don’t do that.”

I am so glad that there is no hidden camera in my house, capturing all of the words that spew out of my mouth on a daily basis. I realized at 7:45 this morning that in addition to, “No,” the phrase that leaves my lips at least 50 times a day is, “We don’t do that.”

"We don’t play under the kitchen table."

"We don’t hide in the pantry."

"We don't shake the blinds like a tambourine."

"We don’t throw our toys in the bathtub."

"We don't rip all the toilet paper off the roll."

"We don’t stand up in the rocking chair."

"We don't take knives out of the dishwasher."

"We don't lick the fridge..... or the grocery cart."

"We don’t pull our sister’s hair."

"We don’t hit our brother in the head."

"We don’t push each other off the rocking horse or out of the wagon."

"We don't stick our fingers in outlets."

"We don’t throw food when we’re in our highchairs."

"We don’t bang on our sister’s door while she’s sleeping."

"We don’t steal the toothpaste out of Mamma’s bathroom drawer."

"We don’t pull every shoe she owns off of her shelf."

"We don’t throw tantrums in the grocery store."

When I look into the eyes of my children, I’m not going to lie. Sometimes the look they shoot right back at me is one that says, “Uh, Mom…. Apparently, we do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment