Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cryptic Conversations

We have officially crossed over into brand new territory. Or maybe we’ve been here a while and I’m just accepting it as reality. I’m pretty sure this just happened overnight. Jake and Lilly understand everything…. I mean everything! It’s a bit deceiving since their vocabulary is still in the developing stages, but nothing gets by these two and that really sends me into a panic! You can only use the phrase "you know what," so many times in a single sentence. We already spell half our conversations, and now they are totally on to us. Among the most common words that cannot be uttered any longer and must be spelled are these:

O.U.T.S.I.D.E.

S.H.O.E.S.

E.A.T.

S.N.A.C.K.

S.H.O.W.

C.A.R.

K.I.R.B.Y. (the neighbors’ pug AKA Jake and Lilly’s best friend)

B.A.T.H.

I feel like dressing in black and playing the part of a secret ninja in my own home, it’s that bad! Besides spelling most words, I have considered hiding in the closet while talking on the phone. Why is it that disaster strikes the minute I say hello? Maybe I should spell hello. H.E.L.L.O. Add it to the list. What can it hurt? Cody and I have tried whispering, signing to each other, and speaking with our eyes (which is way harder than it seems). I think I might learn a second language.

No comments:

Post a Comment