Friday, January 27, 2012

An Old Habit Takes a Twist

Jake LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to play with the box of wipes we keep downstairs. It used to be that he would just sit and marvel at this fascinating cause and effect relationship: Push the button, flap flies open, close the flap, push the button, flap flies open, close the flap, push the button, flap flies open, close the flap,...for, like literally, forty five minutes. Well, about a month ago, he discovered it was way more entertaining to rip the wipes out of the box, one by one. I've caught him in the act a least a dozen times. Every time it happens, I get so mad at myself for leaving them where he can reach them.

This week, Lilly has been fighting a cold. I guess Jake's been paying attention to me chasing her around the house, holding a tissue up to her nose, and telling her to "blow," because he blew his nose on about fifty wipes this morning. He'd take one out, hold it to his nose, politely blow his nose, then toss it on top of the heaping pile of wet (and now possibly snotty) wipes. The funniest part about the whole thing? When he saw me coming, he quickly started to stuff all the used wipes back into the box, as if he could hide the evidence!

Maybe he's telling me it's his turn to be "the sick one."

No comments:

Post a Comment