Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Resolutions For A New Year

I like the idea of starting a new year with new goals and ideas for a fresh start. I am realistic enough to accept that some such resolutions may remain only nice ideas written down on paper. Some will stick, though, and help to guide the course of my life in 2012. A quick search of the word resolution produced the following definition: a formal expression of opinion or intention made; a declaration, a decision, a pledge, a promise, a solution.

Here is my “Declaration of Intentions” for 2012:

I will find a way to help a stranger every week.

I will commit to walk daily.

I will make time to eat a healthy lunch (even though there are a million other things I need to be doing at nap time).

I will sponsor a child in another country.

I will find three good things to tell my husband when he gets home from work and asks, “How were the kids today?”(even if it takes me until 5:00 to come up with three).

I will replace negative words with positive ones.

I will change (more accurately "ask my husband to change" ) the lever-style handle on the pantry door to keep my toddlers out and my sanity intact.

I will floss more often (and make my dentist smile in the process).

For every new thing I purchase for myself or my kids, I will give something away.

I will spend more one-on-one time with each of my kids.

I will stop judging other people.

I will get to know my neighbors better.

I will follow through with good intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment